The lab assistant job in the Nursing Learning Resource Center at school is wonderful! It's a great way to keep my skills sharp because I get the opportunity to help the students that are in their first two semesters. I remember feeling exactly the way they feel when they are trying to learn new skills and make sure they do everything correctly. I see the fear in their eyes when they think about competencies. It's great to know that I can try to help them get through this part of nursing school and it's awesome to be able to give back what others have given to me. Another great thing about this job is the opportunity I have to meet lots of other nursing students throughout the program. We really are one big family. Being able to talk with students that are ahead of me in the program is extremely encouraging. Knowing that there are others out there that have accomplished great things makes me feel that it is possible for me to do the same.
I'm enjoying my summer so far. It has been amazing to be away from the non-stop reading, writing and studying. My family has been to the beach and I will be leaving to go to summer camp with our youth group in a little over a week. The week of summer camp is always something I look forward to. I love spending time with the youth group. They really keep me young! Getting involved with them is one of the best things I have ever done. I consider each of them to be like one of my own children. They get just as excited about things that are going on in my life as my own family. I'm so blessed to be a part of them.
In a little less than two months the fall semester will start again. From there I will go to school for three more semesters and graduate at the end of next July. My student extern job at Northside will start on July 30th. I can't wait to get back into the hospital for this new job and for clinicals. It is hard to believe that in just a little over a year from now I will be finished with school. This has been an exciting journey with lots of ups and downs. I have had some major issues to deal with over the past year, but God is always good and He has always helped me through each one. And because He has helped me so far, it is a promise that He will help me get through anything else that I will face in the future.

No comments:
Post a Comment