I'm looking forward to next Monday afternoon when I can walk out the doors of my classroom and take a great big sigh of relief. I'm looking forward to getting my test grade back and for better or worse, be done with two semesters of nursing school. I would love an A in this class, but I will be ecstatic with a B. Once I am finished with this I will have the rest of the week off and then I will jump into the Maymester and two weeks of Disaster Preparedness. Then, summer...
KSU's Nursing Program used to be 5 semesters in a row. They changed that beginning with my incoming traditional nursing class and require us to take the first summer off. So I'll graduate next July instead of next May. At this point, I'm looking forward to the break. I'll have lots of time to go on vacation with my family, go to summer camp with the youth group at our church, participate in VBS, and do lots of projects around my house. I also have been given the fantastic opportunity of working as a lab assistant at the school. I'm looking forward to filling part of my time this summer in this new position. I know that my husband will be happy that I might be actually be cooking more this summer too! I'll share another day how awesome he has been through this entire process. Just know for now that he is pretty awesome and deserves much more than a few home cooked meals.
So I'm winding up Semester #2. Two finals down and one to go. Four more days to study for what is supposed to be one of the hardest classes of nursing school. I keep hearing this every semester about a future class. I think the hardest class of nursing school is probably the one you're in at the moment. I hear that I will wish to be able to do care plans again when I get to the fourth semester. I guess I will see when I get there. Right now, I just want to get through Adult Health. I find myself not nearly as stressed at this point in the semester as I was during my first semester. Not to say I don't have anything to be stressed about. I just think that most of the "big stuff" is out of the way now and I have a little time to focus on just one test. Not 5 tests and a presentation. I know that the prayers and encouragement of my family and friends are a big part of this feeling of "less stress". I saw this quote the other day on Pinterest and it just summed up how I feel about everything right now and I have decided that I'm not scared of this anymore. I was scared at the beginning that I would not be good enough and I would fail, but I know that I have the ability, through God's grace, to do what He has called me to do.
It's time to hit the books again. It's been a while since I've updated and had a few things on my mind so here they are. If you read this great, if not, that's okay too.

No comments:
Post a Comment