It's been quite some time since I've posted. My thought process when I started this blog was to update every week or two. You can scan back through and see that hasn't happened. I knew that I would be busy, but never dreamed that it would be this time consuming.
Every week begins a new list of things to do. If it weren't for my calendar and whiteboard that keeps me organized, I would never know what was going on next. Unfortunately, even with this system, I have still managed to forget some things here and there or suddenly realize that it is 10:05 pm and the drug calculation quiz closed 5 minutes ago and I forgot to take it. But it is also about being thankful that the same quiz you forgot to take is not worth a huge part of your grade. The trick is trying to learn to balance everything. Studying, cooking, cleaning, spending time with family and friends, going to class, studying, studying, studying... well you get the picture. It's not easy. I have also come to realize that spending time with family and friends is just as important as the studying. And I'm so thankful to have a wonderful husband and daughter that help with everything.
There are four more weeks left in this semester. In that four weeks I am looking at 4 more quizzes, 3 more modules to complete, 2 more clinicals, 2 more care plans, 1 group project and presentation, 1 more class exam, 2 final exams and 2 ATI exams. All of which require study and preparation. Marking each of these things off my whiteboard list makes me smile and feel like I've actually accomplished something.
Once this semester is done, I will get a few days off before taking a 2 week Disaster Preparedness course that will count as my elective for the nursing program which I am really excited about. Once I'm finished with that I will get a break for the summer. I'm not sure I will know what to do with myself from June to the middle of August. There are a few things lined up like a trip to the beach, VBS and going to summer camp with my church's youth group. I would like to get a job as a student extern, but if that doesn't work out for this summer, I will take the opportunity to spend the extra time with my family and friends. And maybe my house will be really clean and organized before the summer is over! Sounds like a good excuse to search Pinterest for some great ideas, you know, when I have time!

No comments:
Post a Comment