Saturday, October 22, 2011

That Guilty Feeling

So this article caught my eye today.  "That Guilty Feeling" (click on the link to read the article)

I know exactly what the guilty feeling is.  There are so many things pulling us nursing students in different directions and you find yourself feeling guilty that you are not studying, doing your care plan, or anything else that screams nursing school.  I think it's ok to have time for yourself, and in fact you need it.  Sometimes it feels really good to get away for a little while and others you are kicking yourself because you didn't make the best use of your time.  Today I had lunch with two of my friends and it was glorious.  It was nice to have a few hours that I could talk and laugh and just be a regular person, even if just for a little while.

Take some time for yourself during this ride.  If you don't, you may find yourself in the corner in the fetal position.  You might find yourself there anyway, but at least you had a little fun on the way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment