Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Reason for the Name

Why is this blog named "By Your Grace and For Your Glory"?  About the time I lost my job last year, the youth group that I work with had started learning a new song, "By Your Grace and For your Glory".  This became my theme song.  I felt like this song was exactly what God had done for me.  He was so faithful and still is.  God sent me this song at exactly the right moment in my life.  He reminded me that He was still in control and that He was going to take care of me and my family.  Something that I thought was a burden, ended up being a huge blessing in disguise.

The words to the chorus say it all:
"By Your grace and for Your glory,
I am here to tell the story
Of all the doors You've opened for me,
That I might give, I might love, I might live by Your grace
And for Your glory."

God has opened so many doors for me to be able to pursue my dream of being a nurse.  I hope that I can truly live up to the words of this song and be able to give, love and live by His grace and for His glory.

I'm in the process of trying to find a good copy of our youth group singing this song.  I'll post it when I find it.




No comments:

Post a Comment